Empire State Layout is a top ranking authority in survey and mapping services, incorporating only the most innovative techniques and qualified surveyors for superior results every time. We have been providing precise diagrams and building information models for a number of organizations, including both small and large businesses, throughout Suffolk County on Long Island, New York City including the five burrows, and Nassau County. We pride ourselves on providing service you can trust, and with Empire Building Information Modeling in NY, clients can rest assure that our surveyors are well adept at meeting strenuous deadlines.What is Building Information Modeling (BIM)?
Building information modeling entails the use of intelligent objects, geometry and data to build an intelligent model based process of buildings, infrastructures and utilities. This documented model provides a virtual view and simulation of the undeveloped building or infrastructure from all angles including columns, windows, walls, stairs and other building parts, which assists architects, contractors and structural engineers in the planning, management and designing of the construction project.
The digital process allows collaborators to view the same information as well as analyze trace elements of the design throughout the life cycle and make changes where needed. If an element of the model changes, BIM software reflects these changes so information remains consistent and coordinated among the group.Who Needs Building Information Modeling?
Large scale or diverse projects often require a wide team of professionals to carry out various schedules and tasks. When this occurs, information sharing can become difficult as team leaders scurry to convey updated information to various members of the building team. Building Information Models allow project members to share resources and information from one digital platform, eliminating miscommunication, data re-entry, data loss, and data redundancy, so development flows smoothly and effectively from start to finish.
BIM is especially useful for individuals, government agencies and businesses involved in planning, operational design and construction of various structures including:
Why You Need Building Information Modeling
- Communication Utilities
- And more
- Provides an Integrated Network
- Traditionally, construction projects were designed using multiple drawings comprised by individual architects, builders and engineers, which were then compiled together to inspect for intersections and conflicts in the big picture. This former process would often lead to hours of coordination and little integration as drawings were passed down the line. With BIM, teams can design, manage and carry out an entire project all on one file. This integrated system allows everyone to be involved from the very beginning and make necessary changes as needed.
- Provides a Virtual View
- Building information models provide a complete virtual view of your construction project, which can be used to realize the full potential of your project. This computer generated n-dimensional model can be contrasted against other designs to ensure you have selected the proper design and serve as documentation when pitching your design to stakeholders and the community.
- Data Management
- BIM allows project leaders to schedule information such as the number of people at a station, which enables them to coordinate tasks more effectively. This process of coordination not only helps ensure the project evolves as planned but also allows members to meet deadlines more efficiently. BIM also allows teams to keep track of costs throughout the process, so they remain on budget.
- Change Management
- Sometimes modifications need to be made to floor plans, calculations or reports which needs to be communicated to other team members and in a timely manner. BIM stores all data in one location, so any changes made to the building design are automatically reflected in each view to ensure team members remain coordinated in all aspects of the project at all times.
- Building Simulation
- BIM contains in depth architectural information about the building including the various types of ducts and building systems, the various engineering disciplines including load bearing structures and sustainability information, which can be relied upon to simulate the infrastructure prior to its design.
- Helps Cut Costs
- A lack of communication during a project can create conflict and problems, resulting in lost time and money. BIM's create custom systems that work together, which allows team members to be more efficient with their time and eliminates the need for costly changes later on.
Empire State Layout surveyors are highly skilled and knowledgeable in BIM. Our Building Information Modeling in NY can provide you with the virtual model you need to build a successful project. We understand that construction projects can be hectic, and that is why we look forward to creating a BIM-generated virtual environment for your project, so you spend less time frustrated and more time building.